Whatever the size of the business, whatever the industry, one fundamental thing unites them all – every single one is built on trust. Trust underpins every vital business relationship, whether that be with employees, customers, suppliers, or investors.
But earning trust isn’t just necessary when launching a business, it is the key to continued growth and success. Therefore, if a business wants to stay ahead of the competition, they need to continually earn and build upon that trust.
Top ways to build trust in a business
- Be honest and transparent: The truth will out! Be open with any facts, figures, and info your customers need to know.
- Put a face to the name: Customers are more likely to form a trusting relationship with a brand if they know and like the people behind it.
- Manage expectations: Over promising and under delivering is disappointing to customers and damaging to brands.
- Be consistent: Customers should experience the same high level of service at every step of their journey.
- Start from within: Create a culture of trust within your workplace and set an example of the sort of relationship you would like your employees to have with your customers.
- Get people talking: Use customer reviews and employee testimonials to build your profile and spread the word. A personal recommendation can make all the difference in swaying a customer’s decision.
- Welcome feedback: Make sure customers are able to contact you via phone, email, web chat and / or social media. Take on board all honest, constructive feedback and use it to prove you genuinely care about your customers.
A breach of trust can have significantly damaging effects on a business. In fact, it could spell the end of the business. When customers lose confidence in your brand, they will look for alternatives. If the reputational damage is significant, they may not return.
How can incovo help your business earn the trust of your customers?
One of the most important ways to avoid a breach of trust is to avoid a breach of data. With the majority of businesses online in some form, customers need to have full confidence that their personal and financial details will be safeguarded at all times.
It therefore pays to invest in cyber security. incovo is partnered with one of the leading names in cyber protection, Sophos, and offers a range of anti-virus and anti-malware solutions to protect your business from cyber attacks which could result in the loss of sensitive data.
Our highly qualified and experienced IT experts can tailor solutions to suit your company size and IT infrastructure, and can guide you through the whole process – from product selection to design, implementation, configuration, and deployment.
Our digital team specialises in:
- Threat management
- Access control
- Data risk management
- Proactive security monitoring
- Regular maintenance and updates
- Software patching
- Vulnerability management
- Security incident response
- Support and training
If you would like to find out more about cyber security from incovo and how it could be a key factor in building customer trust in your brand, contact us at email@example.com or call 0345 450 8400.